Happy Friday and thanks for visiting! This week we are featuring Christmas cards as the theme for our Fabulous Friday projects over on the Sisters in Stamping blog today. I designed this snowman punch art card for my Christmas Card club last month and everyone loved it so I thought I would share it with you today. It is a conglomeration of a lot of snowman punch art cards I've seen on Pinterest (follow me HERE).
This snowman came together pretty easily - I began with the head, building his hat and adding the face. I glued that down on my lost lagoon card stock first so that the finished snowman would fit on my card front. Here's how he was made:
- Hat - use the decorative label and extra-large oval punches with basic black card stock to create the hat. Punch small flower using itty bitty accents punch and daffodil delight card stock for the brim embellishment with a rhinestone in the center.
- Head - use 2" circle punch with whisper white card stock to cut out the head. Glue hat to back of head. Eyes were cut using the owl builder punch with basic black card stock. The nose is one point of the medium star punch with tangerine tango card stock. Add eye accents using the Uniball Signo white gel pen. Glue this to your 4" x 5-1/4" lost lagoon card stock piece first, then add the body.
- Body - use 2-1/2" circle punch with whisper white card stock to cut out the body. Charcoal "buttons" were cut from basic black card stock using the owl builder punch.
- Scarf - cut 3/4" strip of DSP (I used Merry Moments) and two pieces cut with banner punch. Hide where attached with a button.
- The bottom "snow" strip is 4" x 3" and torn across the top. I added dazzling diamonds to the torn edge using a 2-way glue pen. The "Merry Christmas" (stamped with real red ink) is from the Petite Pairs stamp set with the coordinating sentiment stamped on the inside of the card. Easy-peasey!
Here's one last view of my card - I highly recommend you try making one of these cards! It's so fun to create punch art projects! And for even more Christmas card ideas and inspiration, please be sure to hop over to the Sisters in Stamping blog later this afternoon.
* Thanks for visiting and have a fabulous weekend *
Products used with today's project include:
* * * *
Be sure to use Hostess Code W2D974CD* with your online orders at checkout through December 10th to receive my Quick & Easy card of the week. Spend $50+ and choose any single tutorial from these as a gift from me. (*Note - if your merchandise total is $150 or greater, please do NOT use the hostess code so you can get the Stampin' Rewards for yourself!)