Happy Friday and thanks for visiting! If you're like me and you've been stamping for many, many years it's great to find new ways to use your products by trying out different techniques. It's also a great way to give your projects a little bit of a wow factor. We are featuring our favorite technique with our Fabulous Friday projects this week over on the Sisters in Stamping blog. I have always loved the look of heat embossing and this Batik technique puts a spin on that... I really love how this card turned out! Believe it or not, the leaves are starting to turn at my house and the acorns are falling... it won't be long before Fall is here in full-force! In the meantime, here is a fall-colored card to get you in the mood!!
Because I wanted the technique to really shine on my card, I kept the embellishment simple and small - a little banner with the sentiment and some linen thread with an antique brad. Did you notice that my sentiment is slightly embossed? The cajun craze ink was still pretty moist when I stamped it so I threw some clear embossing powder on it and used my heat gun to set it.
To achieve this Batik look, just follow these few steps:
1) Use solid images and Versamark ink to stamp all over a piece of whisper white card stock.
2) Sprinkle clear embossing powder on your card stock and set the powder with a heat tool.
3) Lightly moisten your card stock with a Stampin' Spritzer filled with water. Gently crinkle your piece. Set aside to dry.
4) Once completely dry, flatten card stock and add ink using stampin' sponges and 2-3 colors. Be sure to start with your lightest color first and sponge in a circular motion using a light touch (you can always add more ink, but you can't take it away). I used Hello Honey and Cajun Craze inks on my card stock.
5) Finally, use a tissue to carefully buff the embossed images (the ink will resist) and finish your card.
Have fun with this technique!!! And be sure to hop over to the Sisters in Stamping blog this afternoon for even more technique inspiration!
* Thanks for visiting and have a fabulous Labor Day weekend *
Products used with today's project include:
Be sure to use Hostess Code 3RE7ZYTD* with your online orders at checkout through September 20th to receive my Quick & Easy card of the week. Spend $50+ and choose any single tutorial from these as a gift from me. (*Note - if your merchandise total is $150 or greater, please do NOT use the hostess code so you can get the Stampin' Rewards for yourself!)